Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucible draft code reviews are not visible ?!

Sébastien Maisonneuve April 29, 2015

Hi all,

We are using JIRA 6.4.2 and Fisheye/Crucible 3.7.1.

When we create a review with a smart commit it is in Draft mode (this is normal). From the issue screen in JIRA in the "Development" part of the screen I can see the commit but no information on the created review. Is this a bug? It's like there is no review but there is one in "draft" status.

One more point, this draft review is also not visible from the "My reviews" dashboard in Fisheye (in was the case in the version 3.1.4).

Thanks in advance for you help,

Sébastien

5 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Adam Cooperman October 29, 2015

Might I ask if any additional consideration has been given to this? I understand the point that the review in Draft status should only be visible to the Author, but that's really not the case. A review can be viewed by anyone and can even be commented on while in Review status. It seems like this being the case it would be better for the Draft status reviews to be visible on the Jira issue as well. Presumably it would be labeled as "Draft" there (when it's started it's labeled as "Open") to mitigate a reviewer working it prematurely. Currently, as Sébastien said, it would appear as if there are no reviews currently from the Jira issue page. It would seem too easy for a duplicate review to be created currently.

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2015

Hi Graeme, Thanks for your input in JRA-42539 - I agree with you, so I also added a vote to JRA-44269, as I also think that having an option to show or not the Draft reviews in JIRA issues would be nice. Still please allow me to add something based on the comment made by Matthew Watson: he mentioned that this is by design, as the Draft review should be visible only to its author. Though via smart commits the committer isn't directly seeing the review he's still its author, so following the current design, only the committer will work on the Draft. For now then I can only suggest you to recommend your devs/committers to check at their commits in Crucible UI, as the reviews will be linked to their commits - this way they can access these reviews and start them. Regards, Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
Graeme Mitchell July 16, 2015

Additionally, https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-42539 was raised as a bug initially, but the developer dismissed it because the author is meant to start the review. I have queried this as I don't believe that smart commits were taken into consideration when this decision was made.

0 votes
Graeme Mitchell July 16, 2015

I have the exact same problem here!!! We're using smart commits too, and our developers transition the JIRA issue to "Awaiting Technical Review" once they've finished their development. Our team has a dashboard to show everything awaiting review, then anyone of our team will take up the review based on what's in technical review. Because we cannot see the review on the issue (it's in draft), we can't click straight into the review and instead have to try and find the particular review. It make our process cumbersome where it used to be lean. We used to be able to see draft reviews in version 6.1.4 in the old reviews tab panel, but now with this new panel, I cannot see these reviews either. I logged a support case for this and was told the exact same thing, i.e. that the new panel doesn't support this. They have logged suggestion https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-44269, though I debate why this is a "suggestion". Please vote on it! In my view I have lost functionality, it breaks our process and prevents me from upgrading. This is a very annoying oversight. FYI @Gustavo Refosco

0 votes
gustavo_refosco
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2015

Hi Sébastien,

A review in Draft mode won't show up in the JIRA issue, even though it's linked. Once you start the review you will be able to see it in the JIRA issue. Please also access the review and make sure, looking at its Details, that you have a Linked issue in it.

As per the "My Reviews" dashboard, are you looking into your Inbox? Please confirm you are the creator of the review. Just as an example, this is how I see the list of my reviews in Draft mode (you can see they show up in Inbox, and also under In Draft:
dashboard.png

Regards,

Gustavo Refosco

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events