cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crowd: Create a user in a custom directory with rest API

DanielG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 30, 2016

Hi,

How I can set a user's user directory to be other than the default one using Crowd's rest API?

I know how to create a user via Crowd's rest api (using the usermanagement/latest/user endpoint) can I decide to which user directory to add him while I'm at it?

If not, is there a separate API call that can transfer the user from the default directory to another one?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bruno Vincent
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2016

Hi Daniel,

When you use Crowd's REST API for whatever action, you do it on behalf on a specific application (that's why you need to pass an application name and application password in the Basic Authentication headers). That very application is mapped to one or more directories in Crowd. So when you create a user via the REST API, Crowd will actually create that user in the first directory to which the application is mapped.

If you want to add a user to a specific directory, I suggest that you create an application in Crowd and that you map this application only to that directory.

Hope this helps.

Bruno

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events