Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a final stage in Bamboo that is always run

vegarwe December 13, 2012

I was wondering if it was possible to create a final stage in a Bamboo build plan which will be run even if earlier stages in the plan have already failed.

This is useful for doing cleanups, or in our case reporting. So we have a final stage that gathers up the result and create a test report. We need this to run as a final stage, since it needs artifacts from all previous jobs. The way Bamboo works now we only get a test report if all tests pass. If any tests fail the job will never run.

I did find a similar quiestio[1], but it's not exactly the same and there was no real answer there either.

[1] https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/101141/writing-plugin-how-to-continue-to-next-stage-should-failure-occur

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2012

Currently, it can't be done. There's an improvement request for it here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9771

Thanks. I'll vote and cheer for that then.

1 vote
Richard Cross August 5, 2015

Not only a "final" stage, but perhaps a stage that runs if anything fails.... a "catch" stage, if you will.  Now, where have we seen this before?

wink

1 vote
Matt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

Have you tried to create a Final Tasks?

Simply drag and drop tasks below this "Final Tasks" bar and it will be executed regardless Fail or Complete stage.

It is usefull for example to claening cache.

I know about the final task, but this is inside a job. I want the same, but at the plan level. So I want the feature 'final phase', with the same functions as the final task.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events