cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a custom bulk change operation in Jira 6.2.3

John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

We are running the download version of Jira 6.2.3, and we would like to create our own custom bulk change operations.

From what I've read, this hasn't been possible in the past but now I've seen some plugins do this.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to create my own operations. Does anyone know how to do this, or even where I should be looking?

I'd appreciate any help y'all can offer.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2014

I figured it out.

I listed the basic steps I followed here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/317024/is-it-possible-to-add-a-custom-bulk-operation

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 13, 2014

Hello John,

I'm not sure what kinds of changes are you look for, but in case you are not aware yet, Script runner is a plugin that can do some great stuff.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

Take a look and check it it fills your needs!

Benito Picarelli

John Bishop
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 15, 2014

Thanks, but this is not what we need.

We have created some internal plugins which have some code that we want to be able to run on a set of issues directly from the Issue Navigator screen.

This code would essentially duplicate the issues, modify some data in our Active Objects tables, and automatically populate some information into some custom fields we designed.

Also we really want everything to be internal to our plugin, and not dependent upon a third party plugin.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events