Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating User Macros in Confluence

justin smith May 5, 2016

Based on https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html#WritingUserMacros-CreateaUserMacro one should be able to go from the "Cog" to General Configuration to User Macros and add a macro that way, however when I go to General Configuration it seems as there is no User Macro option. So I guess my question is how do I create a user macro?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

5 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

You need to be administrator, and on a Server version of Confluence.

If you're on Cloud, you can't create user macros, it's a restricted function.

justin smith May 5, 2016

Thanks for the response, Nic. What exactly does being on the Server version of Confluence mean? Sorry for my ignorance.

Like Michael Hawkes likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2016

Atlassian run Confluence on their "Cloud" managed service, but if you run it on your own machines (or even have it hosted by other people), it will be a Server version.

You can tell if you're on Atlassian Cloud - your url will be <something>.atlassian.net

Sergey Belyavskiy November 9, 2016

Could you add that answer to the documentation page? It would have saved me a lot of time.

Like ottr likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 9, 2016

I'm not an Atlassian.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events