I have some code that attempts to create a JIRA Service Desk customer request via the REST API. I am attempting to run it against a Server instance but have tried it against an identically configured Cloud one (the Server instance is actually a restored version of the Cloud one).
The code executes successfully against the Cloud one and the service request is created but against the Server I get the following error message (first 10 lines):
Unrecognized field "serviceDeskId" (Class com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.rest.dto.domain.request.RequestCreateDTO), not marked as ignorable
at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@7ed11eb5; line: 2, column: 23] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.rest.dto.domain.request.RequestCreateDTO["serviceDeskId"])</message><stack-trace>org.codehaus.jackson.map.exc.UnrecognizedPropertyException: Unrecognized field "serviceDeskId" (Class com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.rest.dto.domain.request.RequestCreateDTO), not marked as ignorable
at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@7ed11eb5; line: 2, column: 23] (through reference chain: com.atlassian.servicedesk.api.rest.dto.domain.request.RequestCreateDTO["serviceDeskId"])
I have checked that the serviceDeskId and requestTypeId are the same on both Server and Cloud.
The version of JIRA installed on Server is shown as: v7.1.9#71013-sha1:1aa0586
How do I make this work on Server?
The create customer request endpoint was still marked as experimental in JSD version 3.1.x, and there are changes we made in cloud and 3.2.x or above, most notably the field "serviceDesk" is changed into "serviceDeskId". Please double check what JSD version you have in server.
Thank you for your answer. We have updated to JSD 3.2.0 following the instructions in the release notes but are now having a series of problems associated with permissions.
Firstly, the REST API endpoint is now returning a "403 - Forbidden" response for all calls. With exactly the same user account prior to upgrading we were at least able to access the endpoint even though this specific call did not complete successfully.
Secondly, when we open the project settings page we get the pictured error for the following sections:
We have not changed the permissions settings between upgrading. We have tried a number of different users which have all definitely been able to view these pages prior to the update.
To further investigate the issue we have created a brand new JSD project and we have exactly the same "snap!" messages for the freshly created project.
Any advice would be very helpful. At the moment we can not administer our JSD projects.
Dominic I suspect that's a permission / licensing problem. I couldn't think why upgrading from 3.1 and 3.2 would result in this. I'd recommend you check the license / permission for the user as documented here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/assign-users-to-groups-project-roles-and-applications-828787671.html and contact our support team if that still doesn't resolve your problem: https://support.atlassian.com/customer/servicedesk-portal
Thanks for your reply. We have rechecked the permissions (that was our first though too) but everything seems correct. Also, the licenses for JIRA and JSD seem to be valid as well.
We have raised a support request.
Thanks again for your help.
Teams break work down in order to help simplify complex tasks. This is often done iteratively, with tasks being broken down into smaller tasks and so on until the work is accurately captured in well-...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events