Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a page with Confluence Rest API using a Template or Blueprint?

Alan January 22, 2015

I would like to create a page in Confluence using a User Created Template or Blueprint.  Is this possible using the REST API? - Version 5.6.1

I saw this post, but it did not seem to be a complete answer.  I am open to other ideas (SOAP, etc). 

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Ruth_Kusterer January 26, 2015

I possibly have a related question:

Currently users have to browse to a parent page and click the special "create from template" button. I would like to provide a URL that lets users "bookmark the first page of the wizard", so to speak.

Basically a URL with parameters (a REST call) that goes to a specific page in a specific wiki space and directly opens the blueprint wizard for a specific template. 

For example, we can open a new empty page in editor mode, but not the blueprint wizard before that: 

https://blawiki.com/pages/createpage.action?spaceKey=ds&fromPageId=12345

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2015

Hi Alan,

A blueprint and a template are actually just some content in a storage format.

So you need to check what get's saved after you create it via UI (the  storage format.) and then just put this as your content and create a page via Confluence REST API (https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/REST/latest/)

Nathan Anderson June 4, 2015

Hi Sash - I'm new to the API; so are you able to expand on what you mean by this response? I'm trying to programatically create a Decision based on the out-of-the-box decision template.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events