Create Issue with attachment

Fresh Grad October 5, 2012

Hi,

I need to create an issue with an attachment(a word doc that contains the XML req/response) through any of the possible ways (REST,SOAP,JS,AJAX..doesnt matter) in my local JIRA instance. How do I implement this? Can someone direct me to any links or step by step tutorial if any? Thanks

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface createIssue and addAttachment actions. If you need to combine them into one operation then

--action run --file "myfile.txt"

And a file with the following content:
--action createIssue --project xxxxx --type bug --summary "test this"
--action addAttachment --issue @issue@ --file "test.txt"

0 votes
FagnerF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2012

Hi,

You can use Attachment field, that enables to attach files. The attachment field doesn't need to be built, because it's a default field in JIRA.

Also, to clarify you can take a look at the following links:

I hope it helps.

Kind Regards

Fresh Grad October 5, 2012

Thanks Fagner. But one of my requirement is to make a remote call to a Jira instance than to create an issue with attachment in Jira itself.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events