Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not display the GUI

Arne September 5, 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to install Jira on my remote server (First time installing Jira.. ever..). I tried following the "Installing Jira on Linux"-guide where you install the .bin file. I'm getting the following message when executing the .bin file:

root@localhost:/install# ./atlassian-jira-6.0.8-x32.bin -c
Unpacking JRE ...
Starting Installer ...
Could not display the GUI. This application needs access to an X Server.
You can also run this application in console mode without
access to an X server by passing the argument -c
root@localhost:/install#

As you see I'm passing the argument -c and am executing this as root. Why is he still looking for a GUI? I thought there was no GUI installer for Jira?

Kind Regards,

Arne

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Arne September 5, 2013

For christ's sake. I noticed that I'm running in a 64-bit environment. I'm trying the 64-bit .bin file now and am confident that this will work as expected.

source: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Upgrade+or+Install+Fails+due+to+Could+not+display+the+GUI+Error

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

Did not notice that error before. Have you tried the .zip or .tar.gz files instead?

Arne September 5, 2013

Well I have downloaded the x32 linux distribution on the downloads page wich is a .tar.gz. If you are referring to the WAR and standalone distribution, I haven't tried it because I'm not a real wizard with these things...

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events