Jangil Oh November 27, 2013

Hi All

I have a question

I'm using Jira Agile 6.3.4

I would like to set Start Date & End date of Sprint before Sprint starts

Jira Agile doesn't support this feature

so I would like to develop the Feature

is it possible?

if it is impossible by plug-in or API , is it possible that I update DB directly?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jangil Oh January 8, 2014

I couldn't find the api

I closed this question

2 votes
Mark Biro October 15, 2015

Hi there!

With Plangle, you set the start and the end date of each sprint.

See how: 

It actually is an Excel-like issue editor but perfect for sprint planning! smile

Find it on the Marketplace: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.moresimp.plangle

Hope you find it useful!

Looking forward for your feedbacks!

Cheers,

Mark 

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2014

If you are looking for a multi-sprint planning, you are not agile any more. You are more like watergile. Anyway:

There is no public API for your task. However, there is a service in the GH sources I have(quite old, maybe something has changed), SprintAOMapper, where you can find an update method for sprints. You have no restrictions regarding sprint status. If you can access it via reflection(ComponentAccessor, I am looking at you!), you may have a chance.

Scott Ross September 23, 2014

It is not true that multi-sprint planning is not agile. That's called release planning. The scaled agile framework is one model of how to do this effectively.

Rik D'huyvetters August 30, 2015

On the contrary, multi-sprint planning is very much part of Agile and Scrum.

Mike McGowan September 25, 2015

+1 to you both -- 100% agree. Thank you also Ubisoft, for my current purpose putting the dates in the Sprint name will suffice.

Brian Cumberledge June 15, 2018

This is why Agile is often abused, when someone says there there not multi-sprint planning.  That's the basics of release planning, you move them to sprints.

Like Richard Kelmanovich likes this
0 votes
Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2013

What's the purpore of having this feature?

You can always put the date in the name of your Sprint and remove it when you are ready to start the Sprint, if it's just a question of having a better idea of the dates when working in your planning board.

Jangil Oh December 25, 2013

Hi Ubisoft

I would like to plan many sprints.
but jira agile doesn't support setting start date and end date befor sprint starts
so I added only a question.
is it possible by api?

but I couldn't find api also...

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events