cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Atlassian Pie Chart in a Bar chart

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi,

I would like to convert the Atlassian Pie Chart

into a Bar Chart. Is there a easy way to do it, as I don't want to build such big gadget on my own.

It should have the same functionality. The only change is to display the values in a bar chart.

As it will be my first gadget it would be great if someone could tell me which files I need to copy from the jira source code to rebuild the pie chart gadget in my own gadget as a starting point.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013
T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

This is exactly what I need. It's a pity it doesn't work like it should on JIRA 5.0.6. I get the "Authentication required!" exception with version 2.3.0/2.3.1.

I tried version 2.4 that actually doesn't support JIRA 5.0.6.. It worked but the window doesn't scale right and totally random.

I tested the plugin with JIRA 5.1.8 and even JIRA 6.0. There it worked great.

As the vendor put the source code online I will try to make the version 2.4 to somehow work for 5.0.6.. Or had someone already this scaling problem and can help me out?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

As the plugin is supported by the vendor you could ask them to check this. I suppose updating your Jira instance for a Third-Party plugin is not the best thing...

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

We using JIRA 5.0.6 right now and will update to JIRA 6.0 asap. I send an e-mail to the vendor if there is a chance of making a fix for 5.0.6 and if it the plugin will be supported for JIRA 6.0. I don't had in mind to upgrade JIRA just for this plugin. ^^ I'm using JIRA 5.1.8 and JIRA 6.0 only on my local.

If the vendor anwser me I will post it here.

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 6, 2013

The bar chart plugin is now officialy supporting JIRA 6.0.1. I tested it on a localhost with 30000 issues and it worked like it should.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2013

You start off from here:

atlassian-jira-5.2.10-source/jira-project/jira-components/jira-plugins/jira-gadgets-plugin

Look for the atlassian-plugin.xml and look for the gadget module.

T I
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2013

Hmm yes this would be the starting point. Atlassian put all their gadgets in one plugin, which of course make sense but also make it extra difficult for me to find out which parts I actually need to make the pie chart work. I will try to use the source code of the plugin Ramiro suggested. But thanks for the tip.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events