Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Deployment with Bamboo (and Grails)

Eric Rodriguez March 13, 2012

Hi,

I've been trying to setup a continuous deployment environment by following http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/05/continuous_deployment_with_bamboo_and_tomcat/
So far, I have a grails application with a build plan as follows:
  1. test stage (checkout + grails test-app)
  2. build stage (grails test war + grails prod war) + 2 artifacts defined
  3. deploy stage: tomcat deploy plugin with the war file
  4. manual production stage: again tomcat deploy plugin
The issue is at step 3: I would like to specify the artifact from stage2 as the "WAR file" parameter.
But it only accepts an "hardcoded" war file like "my-application-test-0.01.war", which is not really easy on the long term (after each version upgrade)
Do you have any other solution or workaround ?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2012

You could use wildcards to define the artifact and then deploy it.

That's step 2, and I got my 2 artifacts defined with wildcards.

The problem is how do I feed the Tomcat deploy plugin with the artifact id/name instead of a "WAR file" (btw I tried wildcards in the "WAR file" input but that doesn't work)

Przemek Bruski
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 13, 2012

If that does not accept wildcards, the only thing I can think of is symlinking or copying your artifact to a fixed name using a ScriptTask and wildcards before triggerring deployment task.

I found this article too http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/02/artifact-sharing-build-automation-bamboo/

but it seems there is no other way than "scripting"... too bad defining artifacts is somewhat useless if you can't use it as a parameter for subsequent stages

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events