Continuous Deployment with Bamboo (and Grails)

Hi,

I've been trying to setup a continuous deployment environment by following http://blogs.atlassian.com/2011/05/continuous_deployment_with_bamboo_and_tomcat/
So far, I have a grails application with a build plan as follows:
  1. test stage (checkout + grails test-app)
  2. build stage (grails test war + grails prod war) + 2 artifacts defined
  3. deploy stage: tomcat deploy plugin with the war file
  4. manual production stage: again tomcat deploy plugin
The issue is at step 3: I would like to specify the artifact from stage2 as the "WAR file" parameter.
But it only accepts an "hardcoded" war file like "my-application-test-0.01.war", which is not really easy on the long term (after each version upgrade)
Do you have any other solution or workaround ?

1 answer

0 votes

You could use wildcards to define the artifact and then deploy it.

That's step 2, and I got my 2 artifacts defined with wildcards.

The problem is how do I feed the Tomcat deploy plugin with the artifact id/name instead of a "WAR file" (btw I tried wildcards in the "WAR file" input but that doesn't work)

If that does not accept wildcards, the only thing I can think of is symlinking or copying your artifact to a fixed name using a ScriptTask and wildcards before triggerring deployment task.

I found this article too http://blogs.atlassian.com/2012/02/artifact-sharing-build-automation-bamboo/

but it seems there is no other way than "scripting"... too bad defining artifacts is somewhat useless if you can't use it as a parameter for subsequent stages

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 10 hours ago in Agile

What is Scrum? A good, bad, and ugly answer.

In a world of dark-scrum, faux-scrum, and scrum-butt, the question still remains: What is scrum and how do you do it “right?” That’s the question we set out to answer. I'm Max, I've been teaching c...

52 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you