It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Continuous Deployment - use atlas sdk to start a confluence instance out of the CI server

For our Continuous Deployment Pipeline we need to start a confluence instance in a specific version with the developers database (test-resources) from the version control system.

So we thought to use the Atlassian SDK ("atlas-run") for this as follows:

If first test stage is successfull (unit tests), CI-Server starts the confluence instance (atlas-run) and deploys the actual version of the plugin to it. Than selenium tests are applied to this instance. Afterwards the confluence instance has to be stopped.

But for this to work properly, atlas-run needs to be used in a kind of daemon mode (run in background).

How can we do this? Are we on the right way or re there better ways to achieve this?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
Answer accepted

Hi J,

From what you're describing it sounds like the Atlassian SDK's built-in support for integration testing will provide the functionality you need. It's flexible enough that you should be able to do most of the configuration in your pom.xml, and have your CI server run the whole integration test run (including setup & tear down of Confluence) with a single call to atlas-integration-test.

cheers,

Tim

Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Metrics Fun: 2019 in Review

Hello, Atlassian Community!  I thought it would be fun to do something different for my teams' last retrospective of 2019 so I'm planning to do a "year in review" with info-graphics.  Wha...

226 views 4 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you