cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Console output for testing plugin.

Andrew Pechnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Dear Developers!

For testing plugin in on-line mode i need to see result of it's work. Are there any ways to organize console output for plugin? I read smth about it but didn't understand how to do it.

Regards, Andrew.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2013

Hi Andrew,

You can use logger.debug() or System.out.println() to insert your output to the console when you execute atlas-run or start-jira.sh

Andrew Pechnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Thank you for your reply!
Are there any ways to do the same without atlas-run command?
Usually i pack plugin with atlas-mvn cleane package command and then install it into special test jira.

David Kirchner March 7, 2013

What version of Jira and SDK are you using huasoon? This doesn't seem to work for me. I'm calling System.out.println() in a ValuesGenerator class I made and can't seem to get it to output anywhere. (However, I am not sure that the class is being called at all, I suspect some sort of caching is going on.)

David Kirchner March 7, 2013

What version of Jira and SDK are you using huasoon? This doesn't seem to work for me. I'm calling System.out.println() in a ValuesGenerator class I made and can't seem to get it to output anywhere. (However, I am not sure that the class is being called at all, I suspect some sort of caching is going on.)

0 votes
Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 14, 2013

If you are installing your plugin in a separate instance of JIRA, you can view the output by

1) Adding your plugin package in the Administration -> Logging and Profiling ->Configure logging level for another package

2) Tail the output of atlassian-jira.log in the command console

Andrew Pechnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

Thank you very much

Akeles
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2013

You are welcome :)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 13, 2013

Probably you can modify the log4j file at WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties and put in your specific entries for to log to a seperate file for your plugin's package.

Not sure whether this is the best option, but should work.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events