Connectwise and integration with JIRA

ChelmerL January 17, 2013

Hello fellow JIRA friends,

I have been tasked with integrating an incident reporting/time management system called Connectwise into my company. We heavily use JIRA and I was wondering if anyone has integrated Connectwise with JIRA via an API or a plugin. Any help would be great.

Thanks a lot,

Rudy

10 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Jeannine Edwards January 23, 2015

Hi there all, this is Jeannine from ConnectWise. :) We are in beta with our cloud integration to Jira and will be in alpha for on premise users in the next two weeks. I'll update this post when we are in General Release for the integration, and from there you will be able to contact your ConnectWise account manager for pricing and info. thanks!

Daniel Smith August 31, 2015

Just so this doesn't get stale, we're actually looking to integrate JIRA and Connectwise as well -- I've already gotten the plug-in from the JIRA side and I'm starting work with our 3rd party support folks to get the information from them on their self-hosted Connectwise instance to set up a trial run. Any advice on this? The configuration is very easy on the JIRA side, but is everything else dependent on the Connectwise configuration as it seems? Are they actually installing anything on their end or are they just providing the access to the plug-in for it to do its thing?

Tim Yates February 29, 2016

Jeannine, can we please get an update on this. I have seen the add-on tool available via the market place, however wanted to know if it was fully functioning.

1 vote
Lanier Hall June 10, 2014

I had to write an application that read data directly from the ConnectWise database and interacted with Jira through its API to compare, add, remove, update tickets. I had to add a custom column in JIRA to store the related connectwise Id. It's not a perfect solution either since modifying the details of a ticket in JIRA or ConnectWise created an ambiguous state; the app can't know which description is more correct. I may have solved this by adding a comment in JIRA if the description changed in connectwise.

1 vote
Wim Kerkhoff June 12, 2013

I just had an hour phone chat with Connectwise. They are putting a team together to address JIRA-Connectwise integration. They use service boards themselves for managing Agile development process, tickets, bugs etc. They only use CW for their entire dev team.

bbufalo June 13, 2013

Thanks for the update Wim!

Lanier Hall August 19, 2013

Any idea on when this integration feature is projected to be completed?

0 votes
Wim Kerkhoff February 5, 2018

If anyone is looking for custom integration between ConnectWise and JIRA, we may be able to help. We have developed a Python API (https://github.com/KerkhoffTechnologies/django-connectwise) to help with tasks like this. We have also built out a Slack bot that allows quick creation of tickets etc from Slack chat.

Over the last couple of years, we have also been working on a Kanban visualization of ConnectWise service & project tickets that is helpful for Agile development teams. See http://www.cwkanban.com for info. This is a native integration and does not require Zapier or any other integration or Kanban tool.

I am curious as to how & why ConnectWise partners are using JIRA and am happy to chat and brainstorm that further.

Dave Monson June 25, 2018

I'm interested in being able to post time against JIRA tickets and have those hours recorded against a connectwise project.  I'm okay leaving the detail in JIRA but I want to associate the tickets in JIRA with projects and "buckets" or high level tickets in connectwise. 

0 votes
Greg Mah February 9, 2016

Has anyone have this integration working?

I am trying to get the Cloud version hooked up with Connect Wise and it will not connect.

Daniel Smith February 9, 2016

We were on the verge of doing it but it needed setup on the Connectwise end – the setup was very simple but it was TOO simple, and there seemed to be nothing in the Connectwise config to allow data to be exchanged conditionally – it was an on/off switch, essentially, and we only want certain tickets to populate JIRA. 

But yeah doing the setup in JIRA isn't enough, you've got to finish the config in Connectwise...just be warned that unless something has changed, you'll end up with all Connectwise tickets populating whatever JIRA project you've set up to be your bucket. 

0 votes
Paul Ryan February 19, 2015

That's fantastic Jeannine, very interested to hear more.  We are considering ConnectWise and already have JIRA so this would be very useful for us.

0 votes
Mark Eardley January 19, 2015

We use both systems and would like to know if there been any progress on this since 2013? 

Hi there Mark! There sure is...cloud version of the integration is in Beta, and on premise will be in Alpha soon. I will update this thread when you're able to contact your ConnectWise account manager for more info. thanks!

Rashedul Royal February 4, 2018

Hi Jeannine,

We are looking for a way to integrate Connectwise and JIRA. I can see you mentioned about some development. Would you be kind enough to let me if you can help us with this integration?

Thank you! 

Wim Kerkhoff February 5, 2018

According to the ConnectWise marketplace, the integration to JIRA is no longer supported. https://marketplace.connectwise.com/jira-connector#support

Apparently, there is a beta for Zapier based integration.

0 votes
drewwyatt June 10, 2014

Did you ever have any luck with this? We are stuck on ConnectWise, but would like our dev team to use Jira. However, it will have to play nice with connectwise or we will have to log our progress twice (one in Connectwise and once in Jira).

0 votes
david mckee September 12, 2013

We are very interested in this and knowing when it will be available

Within the next two weeks! :)

0 votes
bbufalo May 21, 2013

Rudy,

Any luck getting this integration working? We are interested in this as well.

Thank you,

Brian

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events