Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection request to our Crucible server fails with ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT in Chrome. It works fine in IE and Firefox.

Mohit Dhawan February 25, 2015

Crucible Version: 3.7

Chrome version: 40.0.2214.115 m (latest)

Strangely, it works in Chrome only if we have Fiddler running in background.

Tried on multiple desktops - same observation.

Any suggestions/workarounds that might help us make it work in Chrome?

Thank you.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2015

Hi @Mohit Dhawan,

It is weird it time outs on particular browsers only.  Are you sure this is not related to network (e.g. proxy) settings in those browsers.  Do they use settings as other browsers?

Try perhaps enabling "Developer Tools" in Chrome, switch to Network tab, perform requests again and let us know if all requests to Crucible time out, or just particular ones.

Cheers,
Piotr 

Mohit Dhawan February 26, 2015

Hi @Piotr Swiecicki Thanks for your reply. We are not using a proxy server (and Chrome, IE and Firefox have the same network settings). Checked "Developer Tools" - all requests to Crucible have timed out. I thought increasing the connection timeout might help (a lot of people have complained that Chrome gives up too soon!) - but I couldn't figure out a way to increase it.

Piotr Swiecicki
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2015

I don't think you can increase the timeout in Google Chrome, see http://superuser.com/questions/633648/how-can-i-change-the-default-website-connection-timeout-in-chrome But honestly it is really weird that all chrome requests are timing out while requests from other browsers aren't. Crucible should respond promptly to web requests and there must something wrong with the installation if the requests times out. I would strongly encourage you to raise this with our support team via https://support.atlassian.com/browse/CRC so we can take a closer look at your instance and help with problem resolution. What is the timeout btw Google Chrome waits before rendering error? One more thing worth pursuing perhaps is to come back to the Network tab in Developer Tools in Chrome. Pick up any timed out request, right click on it and select "copy as curl" option. Try executing this curl command from a command line (ideally on the same box, or at least another box in the same network) and see if this time outs too. Is this possible that you have some antivirus/firewall installed on your machine causing this problem? Can you try switching them off temporarily?

Mohit Dhawan February 27, 2015

I've raised this with the support team (https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/17/CRC-7996) Timeout is 76ms for the 1st attempt, 15.93s for the 2nd and 21.01s for the subsequent ones. Executing the curl command (copied from the timeout error) works fine from command line (no timeout) Disabling antivirus is blocked on our systems, so I couldn't try that. But I tried connecting with firewall disabled and it still timed out. Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events