Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence OnDemand Remote API -- what are my options?

David J. Lewis May 16, 2013

What are my options for retrieving from and/or updating my Confluence OnDemand instance via a remote API? Sorry for such an elementary question, but I'm not getting a clear answer from perusing the docs. If it's possible, then I'd be grateful for pointers to getting-started docs.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2013
  1. Confluence SOAP APIs are the most complete
  2. Confluence REST APIs are minimal and mainly for getting content
  3. Confluence Command Line Interface if you don't want to do the programming :). It is primarily based on the SOAP APIs.
David J. Lewis May 17, 2013

Thanks you! No JSON, eh? And is there an eti for a complete REST API?

David J. Lewis May 18, 2013

I see that ACLI works with Confluence OnDemand, but it is unclear me from browsing the docs how to install it and how to communicate with it.

Thanks. --David

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2013

ACLI installs on a client system that communicates with servers like Confluence via remote APIs (SOAP and/or REST APIs depending on the Atlassian product). See Installation and Use.

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2013

Let's try doing the link again: Installation and Use

0 votes
David J. Lewis May 20, 2013

Of course -- d'oh!

David J. Lewis June 3, 2013

Hi:

What I want to do is write Ruby programs on Windows to access and update my OnDemand Confluence wiki. Will the ACLI allow me to do that via "autoamtion".

The term "automation" on Windows usually means OLE servers, accessed programmatically with the Win32OLE package...

http://www.ruby-doc.org/docs/ProgrammingRuby/html/win32.html

I'm guessing it means something else in the ACLI, however.

Thanks. --David

Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2013

Almost any scripting language allows you to run shell commands, so yes. Regarding "automation", there is nothing special about that term other than it just happens to be the ACLI default name of the user id to use - you can use whatever user id you want for your instance that has the permissions needed.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events