Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence Editor: How to prevent Tipsy tooltips from moving/shifting the webpage by 10px?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 7, 2014

Hi,

When I hover over the Confluence editor's toolbar, the whole webpage is shifted by 10px at the top of the screen. It is very disturbing for the user. How can we solve it?Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 15.44.42.png

I unfortunately reproduced it in a plugin and I'd like to solve it. If you define an element, for example:

<a href="#" id="el" title="Text for tooltip">Link</a>
$("#el").tipsy()

Cute tooltip:

image2014-11-7 15:36:25.png

But the page shifts by 10px on hover, probably because of the .tipsy.tipsy-n element inserted at the beginning of the body:

Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 15.37.08.png

I know it's quite unstable to fiddle with it, so I wonder if there's a stock solution to prevent the page from shifting.

Thank you!

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2014

One possible answer is, the top banner only displays when there is a warning, and the problem disappears when there's no top banner.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events