Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Auto Transition Lisetner

Sirisha N February 10, 2014

How to configure auto transition listner in JIRA 6.1.x

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2014

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JTOOL/Auto+Transition+Listener

That is a bit of an RTFM link, but the point is that you aren't going to get someone re-type the documentation here.

If you want help, at least TRY it for yourself first - people here are much more willing to help someone who says "I tried this, but I got stuck", or "I tried this, but I don't understand line 9" rather than "please spoon feed me everything so I never learn"

Sirisha N February 10, 2014

hmm I am new bie here , i am using the listners for the first time.. I have already tried the above link... but I want to know the changes need to be done in the workflow without creating a new transition..

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2014

Not a clue. Because you haven't told us

1. What you've got now
  2. What you want to do with the system
  3. What you've tried so far
Sirisha N February 11, 2014

Issue is in "waiting for customer" and when the reporter comments/replies by mail then the status should chnage to In-progress automatically.

what I have already tried

1. I have the workflow in place where the status are properly defined to support the above change.

2. I have added a Auto transition listener and configured it for the above requirement with proper project key and status, event and action id

3. now i have to trigger the listner (which need to be done from the workflow) when a user comments, there should be a trigger to start the Listener

4. I have tried addding the "issue commented" in the post function of waiting for customer ...but that doesn't help...

now i wanted to know where should be the tranistion be kept ...so that when a issue is commented it triggers the listner..

Note: I have checked the below post but that won't work for us beacause user's won't select any other buttons other then Comment/reply by mail

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRACOM/Performing+a+workflow+transition+on+comments+and+edits

I hope I provided the required details

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 11, 2014

Ok, step 1 sounds good. Step 2 probably needs checking.

Step 3 is nonsense. You do not "trigger" anything. The listener listens for events, which are (mostly) fired by changes to issues.

The question is what event do you want to run the listener for? As you say email, which is probably set up to create comments, then you need to listen for "commented" (I assume in step 4, you actually mean you have changed the "fire event" in the workflow to fire "commented"? Which would make sense if your listener is listening for that event)

I think you need to look more closely at the configuration of the listener - check *exactly* what event it is listening for.

Sirisha N February 12, 2014

the Listner is properly configured.

I have added a transition called "add comment " between "Waiting for customer" and "in-progress" and "add comment has only 1 transition screen "comment". in the "add comment" post function i have added "issue commented"

So when evr the status is in "waiting for customer" and the user clicks on "add comment" and provides comment the status is chnaging to "in- progress"this shows that the listner is configured correctly.

But when the above is configured without a new transition the same is not working when the issue is commented or gets a reply by email.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 12, 2014

>in the "add comment" post function i have added "issue commented"

Sorry, that doesn't make sense. Do you mean you have changed the event that is being fired?

>So when evr the status is in "waiting for customer" and the user clicks on "add comment" and provides comment the status is chnaging to "in- progress"this shows that the listner is configured correctly.

No, it does not. You have added "add comment" as a transition. So when they use the transition, the status changes. That's not the listener doing it, it's the transition

I think you need to go back over the exact configuration here. You need to think through what events go out when, and what the listener tries to do when the events arrive with it.

Sirisha N February 16, 2014

It is working now..

Sirisha N February 16, 2014

The Listener part is working perfectly. Now I am trying "where only reporter and project role admin and developer " can change the status from waiting for cust to in-progress by commenting. but the in-progress status is not displayed for the reporter

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 16, 2014

The usual way to do that is with conditions - on the transition that the listener uses to move the issue, add those three rules, and the listener should fail to move the issue on.

Sirisha N February 17, 2014

Conditions don't solve this problem, because when i add condition the in-progress status is getting displayed in view screen for the reporter as well. But i don't want the reporter to see the In-progress status/change the status

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

So remove "reporter" from the condition

if I remove the Condition, then the tranistion is not changing upon commenting by reporter.....

I tried changing the below in lisetner individualy, but no luck.

1. only do when the current user is reporter -- true

2. only do current user in the following group ---and the group has list of reporter/contributors

I have only one requirement: The reporter should be able to move the tranistion with a comment but the transition should not get displayed in View screen to the reporter.

Can you help me out

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

Either you want the reporter to be able to transition the issue or you do not. Which is it?

I want the reporter to be able to transition the issue when comments but the transition should be hidden from the view screen page to the reporter.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2014

I'm afraid it's one or the other

(Your requirement is also a bad design - why should an email be able to do somethign the user cannot do in the UI? If I were a user, I'd be yelling at my admin to let me work on my boards properly and not have to send emails to get stuff done - that's an anti-pattern in itself!)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events