Configure Render Markdown Add-On

Jesse DeRose May 12, 2016

(1) I'd like to move this add-on onto the Confluence editor toolbar (rather than under Insert > Other Macros). Is this possible?

(2) I'd like to set the default Highlighting Style to "github" rather than "default", but I see no editable options for the add-on. Is this possible?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Robert Massaioli _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 12, 2016

If you are willing to write some code then there are some answers for you.

I'd like to move this add-on onto the Confluence editor toolbar (rather than under Insert > Other Macros). Is this possible?

The best that you can do is to make your add-on module featured: https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/latest/modules/confluence/static-content-macro.html

I'd like to set the default Highlighting Style to "github" rather than "default", but I see no editable options for the add-on. Is this possible?

Yes it is possible, after you have added the macro to the page you should be able to select the highlight style.

Step one, click the macro and select "Edit":

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 11.59.51 AM.png

Step two:

Screen Shot 2016-05-13 at 12.00.54 PM.png

Too easy!

Stephen Deutsch
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2016

@Robert Massaioli: Thanks for the answer!

@Jesse DeRose: It's unlikely that the addon will be able to be added to the editor, since it's a purely browser-based addon, and therefore is unable to render a static-content-macro.  However, an easy way to load the macro directly from the editor window is to press the curly brace key: {
and then type markdown (you should only have to type a few letters to see the option pop up) and then press enter, which will insert the macro directly at that point in the page.

Thanks again for using my addon! 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events