cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comment issue post function based on Groovy

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Hey guys, 

I'm using JIRA Misc Workflow plugin to add a Groovy-based comment as a post function. Using Groovy I'd like to extract value from a custom field, which is a user picker. 

What I've been trying so far was:

def user = issue.getCustomFieldValue('field_name').name;

Or

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor;
def customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
def user = issue.getCustomFieldValue(customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName("field_name"))

I've tried to save the values in a String as well (instead of def).

Non of these actually work. Log shows:

[jmwe.plugins.functions.CommentIssueFunction] Error while executing SetFieldValueFunction: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.atlassian.jira.issue.IssueImpl.getCustomFieldValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [field_name]
Possible solutions: getCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField), setCustomFieldValue(com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomField, java.lang.Object)

Do you have any ideas what could work here?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

There are two variables injected in the Groovy context: 

• issue: a wrapper that exposes only one method, get("<field_id")
  • issueObject: the JIRA Issue object

So you can either use issue.get("customfield_12345") or your code but with issueObject instead.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2014

Thansk David. Works like a charm

Lana Wright November 20, 2015

@David [Innovalog] Could you clarify this response? I am attempting, like Peter, to add the value of a User Picker custom field to a comment as a string. (One caveat: The goal is actually to @mention that user.) Thus far, I have been unable to get the value from this field to show up in a comment at all. I have confirmed that other custom fields (which are already stored as strings) are working correctly.

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2015

To get the value of the custom field of type User Picker, you can use the following snippet: issue.get("myFieldName").getDisplayName()

Thanks, @David [Innovalog]! Getting closer! At this point, I am able to display the user's full name (i.e. Lana D Wright), but in order to @mention them, I need what I assume to be the database string: ~LWright

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2015

I believe you need @Laurence Wright instead. You can try something like: "@" + issue.get("myFieldName").getName() + ""

That did it! Thanks so much! In the end, my code looks like this: String approver = issue.get("customfield_xxxxx").getName(); String message = "Instructions for user."; String comment = "@" + approver + " " + message; comment;

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events