Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combine AWS CodeDeploy addon with Bitbucket Pipeline

Ganesh Balkumar February 4, 2017

I have installed AWS CodeDeploy addon and when I go to my repository I can see the 'Deploy AWS button' (after configuring the Bitbucket CodeDeploy settings) and it works.

I have also setup a Bitbucket pipeline to run build and tests.

After the tests are successful is there a way to trigger the above Deploy AWS button from the bitbucket-pipeline.yml script section ? I am aware of the codedeploy python script (https://bitbucket.org/awslabs/aws-codedeploy-bitbucket-pipelines-python) but I believe the Deploy AWS addon already does the job and if I can trigger that addon process right from the pipeline script it would be great.

Pipeline-CodeDeploy.png

Any ideas/thoughts on how to achieve this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Ryall
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 5, 2017

For security reasons, add-ons within Bitbucket are completely sandboxed from each other. So Pipelines (which is itself built as an add-on) cannot access or trigger the behaviour of the AWS CodeDeploy add-on.

The example script you've linked to is the easiest way to get deployments working with Pipelines and AWS CodeDeploy. Set up your AWS authentication environment variables, drop the python script in your repo, and the additional code required in your bitbucket-pipelines.yml should be just a few lines as shown here.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events