Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code Review LoC Metrics

Nate Nate March 31, 2014

I would like to know the following about a code review

1. How many total LoC are represented by the list of review items?
  2. How many LoC were added?
  3. How many LoC were removed?

I'm writing an event listener to harvest meaninful information as our users interact with Crucible. I see no way to determine this information without going out and querying fisheye for every changeset in the review.

Is there a better way? Are there plans to add these metrics?

Thank You

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2014
Nate Nate April 18, 2014

While this is the best answer it unfortunately doesn't solve my problem since we don't install unsupported plugins. But thank you, they both look to add some value.

0 votes
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 31, 2014

Can you please outline what it is you are trying to report exactly.

When you say: " total LoC are represented by the list of review items"

total LoC of what ?

And for the last two items: Are you really just interested in reporting how many lines of code users add or remove from a Code Review ? These may sound like dumb questions, but I don't get you are after.

Nate Nate March 31, 2014

Thanks or the response. The goal is to understand trends and behaviors for teams conducting code reviews.

I want to know how many LoC have been added to each review. The reason for the added/deleted numbers in aggregate from across each changeset is that it would be a better representation for large legacy classes where perhaps a method was added or some refactoring was done.

In both cases the goal is to be able to understand how the size of a review affects things like duration, collaboration, and identifying defects.

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2014

Good question, a search of the javadocs for loc doesnt turn up much..

If you have a license you can pull down the source and see what services they may be using. Its never a great idea to tie yourself to internal APIs, but sometimes its the only means.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events