Code Review LoC Metrics

I would like to know the following about a code review

1. How many total LoC are represented by the list of review items?
  2. How many LoC were added?
  3. How many LoC were removed?

I'm writing an event listener to harvest meaninful information as our users interact with Crucible. I see no way to determine this information without going out and querying fisheye for every changeset in the review.

Is there a better way? Are there plans to add these metrics?

Thank You

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2014

While this is the best answer it unfortunately doesn't solve my problem since we don't install unsupported plugins. But thank you, they both look to add some value.

Good question, a search of the javadocs for loc doesnt turn up much..

If you have a license you can pull down the source and see what services they may be using. Its never a great idea to tie yourself to internal APIs, but sometimes its the only means.

0 votes
Nick Pellow Atlassian Team Mar 31, 2014

Can you please outline what it is you are trying to report exactly.

When you say: " total LoC are represented by the list of review items"

total LoC of what ?

And for the last two items: Are you really just interested in reporting how many lines of code users add or remove from a Code Review ? These may sound like dumb questions, but I don't get you are after.

Thanks or the response. The goal is to understand trends and behaviors for teams conducting code reviews.

I want to know how many LoC have been added to each review. The reason for the added/deleted numbers in aggregate from across each changeset is that it would be a better representation for large legacy classes where perhaps a method was added or some refactoring was done.

In both cases the goal is to be able to understand how the size of a review affects things like duration, collaboration, and identifying defects.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Agile

Are you a Jira Service Desk agent? We want to talk to you!

Are you a whiz at handling tickets and looking at how you can further optimize your workflow with automation? Do you tackle detailed customer support questions while simultaneously getting flooded wi...

31 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you