Cloning an issue programmatically

Prameesha Samarakoon July 22, 2014

Hi,

Is it possible to write a JIRA plugin to clone an issue changing some of the issues' mandatory fields? If yes could someone please point a link to a tutorial or document.

Thanks

6 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Cloud September 7, 2017

Hi Support,

How to use groovy scripts to clone an issue based on multiple project select choose.

I am a begineer for groovy scripts and not familiar with it?

Could you please give me some direction or suggestions?

Or Provides some reference code?

Thank you.

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale April 20, 2016

Hi Team,

Is there any JIRA API available to clone the issue? I want to create close of an issue and then move that issue to a particular project on one click

Avinash April 25, 2017

You can use the free plugin clone and move but this is only one issue at a time. 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ideotechnologies.jira.plugins.clone-and-move-jira-plugin/server/overview

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014
0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2014

To much nice tools

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2014
0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2014

Clone Plus for JIRA provides this capability and this can also be programmed in a script using cloneIssue and the JIRA Command Line Interface (CLI).

Prameesha Samarakoon July 24, 2014

Thanks for your response. Would I be able to clone an issue from say a validator class or a listener event with this plugin?

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2014
  1. Validator - no, it is not a programming interface
  2. Listener - not currently, see JCLIP-10

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events