Can you use Crucible to do reviews on graphical programming languages like LabView or Simulink?

Christian Schubert October 15, 2015

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 19, 2016

Unfortunately, Crucible does not have any API to plug-in custom file renderers at the moment. 

You would have to try to modify FishEye's JSP files in order to write such integration. I think a good starting point is to modify WEB-INF/jsp/file/fileViewSideBySideDiffHtmlResp.jsp (this is a side-by-side diff) to add an extra condition, something like:

<c:choose>
    <!-- I'm assuming that you can detect Simulink by its file extension -->
    <c:when test="${p.r1info.path.endsWith('.slx') && p.r2info.path.endsWith('.slx'}">
        ...call your JSP here with a graphical editor embedded...
    </c:when>
    <c:otherwise>
        <!-- here follows an original code -->
        <c:choose>
        <c:when test="${!p.canDiff}">
            <rend:diffBinaryOrOversize oldRev="${p.r1info}" newRev="${p.r1info == null ? p.info : p.r2info}" repName="${p.repname}"/>
        </c:when>
        </c:choose>
    </c:otherwise>
</c:choose>

Adding a comments to a graphical view could be a problem. However, as a workaround you could add general comments to a file itself.

Other JSPs were you could try to plug in are:

WEB-INF/jsp/file/fileViewContentsHtmlResp.jsp - showing file content from given revision

WEB-INF/tags/review/frxInner.tag - used in reviews

0 votes
Christian Schubert October 19, 2015

Thank you for your fast response!

The (proprietary) graphical programming language I am thinking of is being mapped to an (ugly) formatted xml file.

The vendor has published a schema definition for the xml file, along with a graphical diff tool.

The graphical diff tool shows the diagram and greys out blocks that have not changed. When clicking on a highlighted block, it displays information on the modified properties in a separate textbox.

Ideally, the review would happen inside the diff-tool, but that will be hard to realize.

Thus, I was hoping for some kind of API from Crucible where I could implement this diff-viewer into Crucible. Crucible could then display the graphical diff, and provide the possibiliry to annotate and discuss the changes that have been made along with all the connections to the Atlassian eco system.

Nicholas Quinnell February 19, 2016

Any update on this?  I would love to see a way to integrate the Atlassian toolset with Simulink.

0 votes
Marek Parfianowicz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2015

Hi Christian, could you tell me how would you like to perform code reviews of graphical language?

Do you want to compare screen shots of diagrams? Or maybe to export these graphics to some text, human-readable format?

Crucible does not have built-in support for these languages. You can see diff of text files only.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events