Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you tailor a JIRA dashboard Activity Stream gadget to only show data for a certain time period?

Helen Griffiths May 23, 2016

We have been asked whether you can tailor the Activity Stream gadget in JIRA for a certain time period? i.e. we have a user who wishes to display Confluence content from the last month only on a JIRA dashboard. I've had a look myself and can't see this option within either Global Filters or the individual Application filter in the Edit options.

If this is not possible, has anyone used a similar gadget or plugin that does display data from a certain time period?

Many thanks for any help smile

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

2 votes
Answer accepted
Helen Griffiths May 25, 2016

Just in case anyone checks up on this question I asked, I raised a Support Request with Atlassian to which the following was provided:

Daniel Leng [Atlassian]
24/May/16 2:10 PM 
Hello Helen,
Unfortunately JIRA does not have built-in functionality for this. There is an existing feature request raised to improve the Activity Streams here:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40528
However over the past year or so it has seen little traction, hence a possibility of it being implemented is slim. 
I would still encourage you or your user to vote for the feature, though. For more information on our New Feature/Improvement Policy, you can refer to this article: here
Do let us know if you have further questions on this.
Regards,
Daniel

...so the answer, in the meantime, is no you can't smile

0 votes
Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Hi Helen,

You could probably look at a new add-on:  Custom Filters Activity Stream https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.ugubi.streams.filtersactivitystream/server/overview

Here is the documentation of this add-on: https://ugubibiz.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FIA/Getting+started

Best Regards, Damien.

Hi @Damien Braz

Thank you for your reply.

I've had a look at the plugin and related documentation but this only mentions JIRA (i.e. filtering for specific JIRA issues, projects etc). What we've been asked is to display Confluence content (i.e. page updates, new pages etc) for a specific time period, which I don't believe this plugin can do? (happy to be corrected smile).

Helen

Damien Braz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2016

Asking Atlassian was the next step wink I thought I'd reach out to the Atlassian community first to see if anyone had managed to do this before smile

I'll have a look at the other plugins you've suggested and see if there is anything suitable there.

Thank you!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events