Can you customize Service Desk Customer Portal pages? (ex: Get IT help)

Aaron Tobison February 5, 2015

Am I able to customize the following Service Desk page? If so, how?

image2015-2-5 12:10:51.png

Thanks,

Aaron

8 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
joachimbollen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015
Aaron Tobison February 6, 2015

I think I even looked at this page at one point. Thanks for making me actually read it apparently!

Like Dhavval Aarya likes this
2 votes
A February 6, 2015

Assume you have the  Administrator right.

To add or remove a field from customer portal, you need to go to your customer-portal related project. Then configure the "Screens" page by adding or removing the field(s) as needed. 

To change field text descriptions or to make it required or optional,  go to Service Desk Customer Portal page,  there should be a list of issue types (e.g. Get IT Help), you just need to click "Edit form" under "Actions" column next to the  "Get IT Help" issue type.  To change the description, simply type the name you want to change to under the "Display name" column.   To make the field required/optional, you can select Yes/No from the "Required" drop down list. 

1 vote
Nick Dring August 3, 2017

we use refined wiki for our portal, works well a look quite nice!

David Lines August 28, 2018

what is refined wiki?

David Lines August 28, 2018

Never mind. Found it.

Dmitry Antanovich January 9, 2019

How did you manage to add a refined wiki to Customer Portal screen?

Raj - Refined July 18, 2019

Hi Dmitry!

Perhaps a bit late with this one, but you can find out more about our app for JSD here: https://docs.refined.com/x/ggDEAg 

And feel free to get in touch with us over at support.refined.com if you run into any issues or have any questions for us!

/ Raj Sehmi (Refined)

0 votes
Max December 4, 2018

Good day!

I added "Date picker" field to the request type. But description of the field locates at the right. Can i move description to the left without installing special plugins?

change location.png

0 votes
Pronto Plugins November 28, 2016

Hello,

I created this plugin: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.prontop.service-desk-landingpage/server/overview

It may help you customize the Service Desk Landingpage/portalspage, such that you can add different information/html/macros, and even a categorized view of portals. Check it out:)

It may help on the problem you describe. I'm open to implement features you need, e.g. like i18n macro constants!

best regards from Pronto Plugins

0 votes
Simon Cunningham October 19, 2016

This may be old news, but for anyone that is looking to do this (as of at least v3.1.9) you can. However, it may not be immediately intuitive how you go about it. You do not edit any screens, because you won't find any for the customer portal. Instead go to "Project Administration > Request types", then click "Edit Fields" in the "Actions" column for the appropriate row. You might encounter some limitations in which fields you can have display on the form (vs. being hidden).

0 votes
Aaron Tobison February 5, 2015

Add custom or remove fields. Change field text descriptions. Make fields required or not.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2015

Any ideas on what you want to customize?

Suggest an answer