Can this macro list the content list of a specific parent page instead of the complete space?

Mijal Segal April 27, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Content Report Table Macro

I would like to track the recent updated pages, but only under a certain parent page. Is it possible to adapt this macro to do that? or is there another macro available for it?

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2016

I do not know if your use case can be solved by the Content Report Table Macro.

Maybe you could do this with the Content By Label Macro which has the option to restrict on an ancestor page? This feature seems only available since Confluence 5.8 ...

If the Content By Label Macro cannot meet the requirements of your use case, the Display Table Macro of the (commercial) projectdoc Toolbox Add-on is also able to select pages with a given page as ancestor. But you need to use the Document Properties Marker Macro to define the properties of the pages. Without this macro a page will not be part of the result set. This is similar to the Page Properties Macro and the Page Properties Report Macro.

If you decide to give the projectdoc Toolbox a try, this is what the query looks like to select the children of a page with the name 'Macros' and sort them by their modification date with the Display Table Macro:

• Select: Name, Last Modification Date
  • Where: $<AncestorNames>=[Macros]
  • Short By: Last Modification Date§-

Some notes on the query:

• AncestorNames and Last Modification Date are artificial properties that are automatically available
  • $<...>=[...] is just the syntax to force an exact match; AncestorNames=Macros would also have "My favourite Macros" in the result list (you can also select on page IDs by the use of AncestorIds)
  • Sort By: § is the normalizer for values so that dates are not sorted alphabetically
  • Sort By: - simply indicates descending order

Search Tips provides information about search options with the projectdoc Toolbox.

In Page Properties and Document Properties we compare Confluence page properties with projectdoc document properties.

Biased alert: I'm one of the authors of this add-on. smile

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events