Can't import xml draw.io diagram to confluence plugin

Hi,

For some reason I'm having trouble exporting a diagram I made on draw.io into the confluence plugin. As I understand it, I should be able to

1. Export to xml from draw.io
  2. Go to the plugin, choose import on a new drawing
  3. Choose the exported xml file and get the drawing imported to the plugin.

The exported xml opens fine if I open it on draw io, but doesn't seem to do anything on the plugin. After I choose the file, the dialog window goes blank and nothing happens. This is the version from the plugin:

Draw.io plugin v 5.5.1.1

Am I missing a step?

Thanks,

Mike

4 answers

It seems that the import for a draw.io XML is broken, but a colleague found another way to do get an existing draw.io diagram into the confluence plugin:

1. Export the file as XML (I did not compress it, so I don't know if a compressed xml will work).
  2. Create a new page in confluence.
  3. Attach your xml to the page ( see https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/attaching-files-to-a-page-658737033.html)
  4. Edit the attachment properties and change the type to application/drawio (see https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf56/editing-attachment-properties-658737038.html)
  5. Editing the same page, insert a draw.io macro. The XML you attached will appear as an option. Choose it to edit it, then save it. This will put the drawing on the page.

It's kind of a roundabout way to get the drawing into a confluence page, but it works.

There is a fix in draw.io 6.0.0.0 for this issue.

I have 6.0.2.0 and I still have this issue.

Could you submit this as a ticket to support@draw.io, including the imported diagram please?

Ran into this issue as well. Compressed definitely doesn't work.

If you have a draw.io drawing with multiple tabs, you don't get the option to export as "uncompressed" therefore you cannot import it into Atlassian (Confluence/Diagramly or JIRA Drawio).

Once I split it up into separate drawings and exported as uncompressed, I was able to make it work.

Cheers!

Ensure you're on the latest draw.io release in Confluence, since pages only went in very recently. I just tested importing a multiple page diagram from online draw.io to draw.io for Confluence Server 6.2.1.0 and it works correctly.

1. Insert a draw.io diagram
  2. Choose the "Create" option with a Blank diagram
  3. From the resulting editor, go to FIle>Import to upload the XML file from your local machine. 

Suggest an answer