Can i add labels with the Javascript API for blueprint wizards?

Florian K. September 17, 2013

Hi,

is it possible to add labels by the Javascript API for blueprint wizards? Exists a variable for the label identifier?

E.g. in the $container or wizard data properties, like this to edit the page title:

state.pageData.title = titleString;

Link to the Atlassian Docs: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Javascript+API+for+blueprint+wizards

Thank you

Regards

Florian

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

7 votes
Answer accepted
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

The above answer by Ruth can be made even more easy by changing the title and name attribute to name="labelsString" title="labelsString", this will enable a REST call within confluence to add the labels programatically like magic! No need to write any java code if you do this small change - give it a try.

Ruth_Kusterer May 22, 2014

Yagnesh Bhat, thanks, good tip! I removed the LabelManager code, and with name="labelsString" it works indeed. Ironically, I refactored the labelsString variable name for readbility, and that broke it. "title" seems to be another variable that we should not refactor.

But title="labelsString" is not needed, it only sets the tooltip in the wizard.

Atlassians, is this documented somewhere? My team keeps bumping into easy solutions like this by chance (for macros, for plugins, ...), after we spent a week trying to reinvent the wheel.

Deleted user February 15, 2019

Yagnesh Bhat, thank you for your pointer. All I had to do was to add the following line in my dialog-wizard.js file: state.wizardData.labelsString = "new_label_to_add";

The complete (simplified) function looks like this:

Confluence.Blueprint.setWizard('a.b.c.plugins.confluence.knowledgebase.knowledgebase:create-kb-article-blueprint', function(wizard) {
    wizard.on('submit.page1Id', function(e, state) {
        state.wizardData.labelsString = "new_label_to_add";
    });
});

1 vote
Ruth_Kusterer May 4, 2014

Try the following for a LabelPicker.

In atlassian-plugin.xml add:

<web-resource>
    <dependency>com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-ui-components:label-picker</dependency>
</web-resource>

In your soy file, add:

<div class="field-group">
  <label>
    {getText('my.company.myplugin.wizard.page.articlelabels.label')}
  </label>
  <input id="my_article-labels" class="text select2-input long-field" 
      name="articleLabels" title="Search labels" type="text"
      placeholder="{getText('my.com.myplugin.wizard.page.articlelabels.placeholder')}">
</div>

In your dialog-wizard.js add:

function postRender(e, state) {
  var wizardForm = state.$container;
  var labelsField = $("#my_article-labels", wizardForm);
  labelsField.auiSelect2(Confluence.UI.Components.LabelPicker.build({
      separator: " ",
      queryOpts: {
          spaceKey: state.wizardData.spaceKey
      }
  }));}

In BlueprintCreatedListener(LabelManager labelManager...)'s onPageCreateEvent() method, add:

Set<String> labelsList = new HashSet<String>();
labelsList.addAll(Arrays.asList((((String) context.get("articleLabels"))).split(",")));
for (String label : labelsList) {
    Label labelToAdd = new Label(label);
    labelManager.addLabel((Labelable) blueprintPage, labelToAdd);
}

The name="articleLabels" is your context variable that stores the labels.
The id="my_article-labels" is what connects the SOY input field to the JavaScript ui-component.

0 votes
Isaac Montes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Need this too any suggestions

0 votes
Gavin Fowler
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

I'm also looking for a solution to do this within my custom blueprint (as Atlassian have done with their Troubleshooting Article blueprint). Can I aks did you find a solution - is there any snippets you can share?

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events