Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anyone show me where to find a definitive list of all of the web-item sections?

Matt Albone January 24, 2013

The web-item sections allow you to place a new button/tab into the confluence UI through a plugin. There is a list of SOME of them here...

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Web+UI+Modules

However this is far from all of the sections available. I've found plenty of tutorials that use different sections, such as 'system.editor.link.browser.tabs', which allows you to add a new tab the the link dialog box in the page editor.

Does anyone know where there is any documentation for all of the sections?

Thanks

Matt

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

6 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2013

Hi Matt,

The web sections listed in the documentation you linked is the only comprehensive listing of web sections available.

Sadly, because the documentation is manually maintained, we rely on individual developers to update the documentation when they add a new web section.

The best way to find the comprehensive list of all available web sections in Confluence is to examine the source code. Anyone with a Confluence licence is able to download and browse the source code (if you are planning on doing serious plugin development, having access to the Confluence source is almost a requirement!).

I wrote a primitive script to list out all web sections defined in the Confluence source code:

for i in $(find . -name "*.xml"); do
  grep "<web-section" ${i}
done

Which gives the following output against an early version of Confluence 5.0:

<web-section key="configuration" name="Configuration" location="system.admin" weight="100">
    <web-section key="security" name="Security" location="system.admin" weight="200">
    <web-section key="lookandfeel" name="Look and Feel" location="system.admin" weight="300">
    <web-section key="administration" name="Administration" location="system.admin" weight="400">
    <web-section key="cluster" name="Clustering" location="system.admin" weight="500">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Primary Comment Actions" location="system.comment.action" weight="100">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary Comment Actions" location="system.comment.action" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-concise" name="Concise User Items" location="system.user.concise" weight="100">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Primary Actions" location="system.content.action" weight="100">
    <web-section key="marker" name="Marker Actions" location="system.content.action" weight="100">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary" location="system.content.action" weight="200">
    <web-section key="modify" name="Modify Actions" location="system.content.action" weight="300">
    <web-section key="space" name="Add Space Content" location="system.content.add" weight="100">
    <web-section key="page" name="Add Page Content" location="system.content.add" weight="200">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary Operations" weight="200"/>
    <web-section key="insert" name="Inserting Content" location="system.editor.action" weight="1000"/>
    <web-section key="conf-admin" name="Confluence Administration" location="system.admin" weight="100">
    <web-section key="global" name="Global" location="system.browse" weight="100">
    <web-section key="create-menu" name="Global Create Menu" location="system.create" weight="100">
    <web-section key="conf-help" name="Confluence Help" location="system.help" weight="100">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Primary actions" location="system.user.hover" weight="100">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary actions" location="system.user.hover" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-preferences" name="Logged-in User Preferences" location="system.user" weight="100">
    <web-section key="user-content" name="Logged-in User Content" location="system.user" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-operations" name="Logged-in User Operations" location="system.user" weight="300">
    <web-section key="anonymous" name="Anonymous User Actions" location="system.user" weight="200">
    <web-section key="yourprofile" name="Your Profile" location="system.profile.edit" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-administion" name="Administer User" location="system.profile.edit" weight="200">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Actions performed on a particular user" location="system.profile.actions" weight="100">
    <web-section key="yoursettings" name="Your Settings" location="system.settings.edit" weight="100">
    <web-section key="spaceops" name="Space Operations" location="system.space.admin" weight="100">
    <web-section key="security" name="Security" location="system.space.admin" weight="200">
    <web-section key="looknfeel" name="Look and Feel" location="system.space.admin" weight="400">
    <web-section key="import" name="Import" location="system.space.admin" weight="500">
    <web-section key="advanced" name="Advanced" location="system.space.advanced" weight="100">
    <web-section key="exportsection" name="Export" location="system.space.advanced" weight="200">
    <web-section key="subscribesection" name="Subscribe" location="system.space.advanced" weight="300">
    <web-section key="user-status" name="Update Status User Menu Section" location="system.user" weight="50">
    <web-section key="configuration" name="Configuration" location="system.admin" weight="100">
    <web-section key="security" name="Security" location="system.admin" weight="200">
    <web-section key="lookandfeel" name="Look and Feel" location="system.admin" weight="300">
    <web-section key="administration" name="Administration" location="system.admin" weight="400">
    <web-section key="cluster" name="Clustering" location="system.admin" weight="500">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Primary Comment Actions" location="system.comment.action" weight="100">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary Comment Actions" location="system.comment.action" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-concise" name="Concise User Items" location="system.user.concise" weight="100">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Primary Actions" location="system.content.action" weight="100">
    <web-section key="marker" name="Marker Actions" location="system.content.action" weight="100">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary" location="system.content.action" weight="200">
    <web-section key="modify" name="Modify Actions" location="system.content.action" weight="300">
    <web-section key="space" name="Add Space Content" location="system.content.add" weight="100">
    <web-section key="page" name="Add Page Content" location="system.content.add" weight="200">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary Operations" weight="200"/>
    <web-section key="insert" name="Inserting Content" location="system.editor.action" weight="1000"/>
    <web-section key="conf-admin" name="Confluence Administration" location="system.admin" weight="100">
    <web-section key="global" name="Global" location="system.browse" weight="100">
    <web-section key="create-menu" name="Global Create Menu" location="system.create" weight="100">
    <web-section key="conf-help" name="Confluence Help" location="system.help" weight="100">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Primary actions" location="system.user.hover" weight="100">
    <web-section key="secondary" name="Secondary actions" location="system.user.hover" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-preferences" name="Logged-in User Preferences" location="system.user" weight="100">
    <web-section key="user-content" name="Logged-in User Content" location="system.user" weight="200">
    <web-section key="user-operations" name="Logged-in User Operations" location="system.user" weight="300">
    <web-section key="anonymous" name="Anonymous User Actions" location="system.user" weight="200">
    <web-section key="yourprofile" name="Your Profile" location="system.profile.edit" weight="100">
    <web-section key="user-administion" name="Administer User" location="system.profile.edit" weight="100">
    <web-section key="primary" name="Actions performed on a particular user" location="system.profile.actions" weight="200">
    <web-section key="yoursettings" name="Your Settings" location="system.settings.edit" weight="100">
    <web-section key="spaceops" name="Space Operations" location="system.space.admin" weight="100">
    <web-section key="security" name="Security" location="system.space.admin" weight="200">
    <web-section key="looknfeel" name="Look and Feel" location="system.space.admin" weight="400">
    <web-section key="import" name="Import" location="system.space.admin" weight="500">
    <web-section key="advanced" name="Advanced" location="system.space.advanced" weight="100">
    <web-section key="exportsection" name="Export" location="system.space.advanced" weight="200">
    <web-section key="subscribesection" name="Subscribe" location="system.space.advanced" weight="300">
    <web-section key="user-status" name="Update Status User Menu Section" location="system.user" weight="50">
    <web-section key="gadget-user-settings" name="Gadget User Settings" location="system.settings.edit" weight="100">
    <web-section key="mail-links" name="Mail" location="system.space.admin" weight="300">
    <web-section key="permissions" name="Permissions" location="system.admin" weight="500">

This is a good starting point, but you also need to consider that individual plugins can also create new web sections, and in different Confluence themes, some web sections may be added or removed.

Hope this helps.

Matt Albone February 5, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to make this list Joseph, it sure helps me, and I'm sure will help others looking for he same thing.

Matt

Marketa Dvorackova July 29, 2014

Hi Joseph,

I have a thing closely related, that I'm dealing with. I need to put my web-section in user profile view left menu (where there is the Profile, Administration). I was able to put it in system.profile.actions and the web-item sits there. But I need to have there a separate section (with the headline like those of Profile, Administration like in the picture).

Is there some kind of a higher hierarchy level of this section where I should place my section? Thanks a lot.

Marketa

Marketa Dvorackova July 29, 2014

Sorry, just solved it. If someone was looking for the same thing - the location is system.profile.edit and careful with the weights. I setup my section weight to 200 and it was beating the Administration section. So instead of Administer User, the link went to my action. Not a nice thing:) setting it up to 300 made it sank a bit and voila.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events