Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I populate a custom field based on a regexp using JEMH

Marc Dworkin June 25, 2013

If I have a multi-select custom field "colors" can I parse the body of an email coming in for, eg, "Red", "Blue" and "Green" and set the Colors field values where it matches?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2013

Yes, JEMH can do that. Is the source of your email automated, i.e. content structure is largely repetitive? This matters as in order to extract 'text' you need to match against the content to locate it.

JEMH has a Regexp Field Processor which can be used to digest an email and apply many regexps (one per target field). See the How to Use the Regexp Field Processor page on the wiki.

Marc Dworkin June 27, 2013

Thanks for your help!

The source of the email is not automated. Basically, I want to build a help desk system where I label/categorize issues based on regexp on incoming emails.

Issues I am having with Regexp Field Processor:

• Looking at the doc, it appears "From address" is required, which would be a deal breaker in a helpdesk system -- is there a work around?
  • I am trying to populate a multi-select. If I set the "Value Regexp" to "(Blue|Red|Green)" it only matches the first color in the configuration time validation

Best,

Marc

Andy Brook [another me] June 27, 2013
Your points:
  1. Its a regexp (of course!) so I would think you can use .* to match all.
  2. Hard to say, please create a support ticket, and attach your JEMH Profile XML export, and an email export of an example incoming message.

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events