Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create an issue that contains Unicode characters via XMLRPC?

Shane McCarron August 18, 2011

We have a component that creates a new issue via XMLRPC. This works fine. However, if any aspect of the issue uses characters outside of ascii - for example Cyrillic like Протестировать - that data gets mangled. We have carefully traced the code, and we believe that it is going out over the wire to JIRA in its correct UTF-8 form. Is it possible that the JIRA XLMRPC interface is mangling UTF-8 data?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
muschol August 18, 2011

Just to confirm what Matt Doar said, we've also had no joy with XMLRPC and unicode characters. Encoding to UTF-8 made no difference.

We specifically moved over to SOAP to be able to support special characters. This works very well from Java. From Python, I would recommend ZSI version 2.0 (2.1 doesn't seem to work reliably, at least not with Jira). I seem to recall that in Python you also have to encode unicode strings to UTF-8 manually before calling the SOAP function.

Matt

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2011

Quite possible, I would think. I've had better luck with Unicode characters with the SOAP interface but it's always fiddly to get right.

~Matt

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events