Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BundleException enabling plugin

Steve Loft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

I tried to atlas-run my plugin in the SDK environment today for the first time for a few months, but now it fails with:

2014-01-31 14:32:05,208 ERROR [main] [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] enableInternal Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.PageControl.PageControl' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.PageControl.PageControl [168]: Unable to resolve 168.0: missing requirement [168.0] package; (package=com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.pagecontrol). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see https://developer.atlassian.com/x/mQAN

Why has this started happening when it was OK before, and how do I find out what the package is that's causing the problem?
Steve

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2014

Hi Steve,

this sounds weird, but it can be normal, if this happens on startup. Is it listet under /plugins/servlet/upm#manage#osgi ?

Might it be, that you have renamed a package from com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.pagecontrol to com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.PageControl or in the other direction, if so, please check your spelling in all your classes and in your plugin.xml?

Regards

Steve

Steve Loft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Steve, you were absolutely correct, I had done some refactoring, and done exactly what you said. Oops.

Many thanks!

Steve

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2014

Hi Steve,

Try cleaning out your target directory with an "atlas-clean" command, to clean out any stale compiled classes.

Does your plugin depend on any other plugins you've written? If so, can you explain the relations in more detail?

Alternatively, are you able to share your pom.xml and atlassian-plugin.xml somewhere? You may have some rogue dependencies declared that you don't need.

Steve Loft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2014

Joseph,

I'd already tried atlas-clean, it didn't help. The plugin in my first post uses the Copy Space plugin, but I'm not sure that's the problem. My other plugins, which don't have the same dependency, fail in a similar way. Here are the xml files for one of the others:

I don't seem to be allowed to paste the contents of the pom.xml and atlassian-plugin.xml here, so here are links to them:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82556546/pom.xml

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82556546/atlassian-plugin.xml

Steve

Steve Loft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2014

Any suggestions, please?

Steve

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2014

Hey Steve,

The links you've provided seem to be for the "com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.PageStatus" plugin, but the error message you linked in the original question is about the "com.fujitsu.VME.confluence.plugins.PageControl" plugin. Can you show me a set of matching errors & files?

I also agree with Steve's suggestion - check your namespaces and make sure there are no typos in your package declarations. In particular, it's not standard to have mixed casing in java package names.

Steve Loft
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2014

Joseph, I linked to a different plugin as it was a simpler case and I had the same issue with that.

I had in fact renamed the packages which was the case of the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events