cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug in the new Atlassian SDK?

DanielP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

I just updated my Atlassian SDK to the newly released 5.0.0. After the update I can't compile because Maven can't access the file atlas-plugin-sdk\apache-maven/conf/settings.xml.

C:\someDirWithSrc>atlas-package -e
Executing: "C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven\bin\mvn.bat" package -gs C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven\conf\settings.xml -e
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
FATAL ERROR: Unable to read settings.xml
Error stacktrace:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException: Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository: 
org.apache.maven.settings.MavenSettingsBuilder.
        at org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:323)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.embed.Embedder.lookup(Embedder.java:78)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.buildSettings(MavenCli.java:384)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:196)
        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:97)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchStandard(Launcher.java:330)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:238)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

I noted the mix of slashes and backslashes in the path and tried editing the mvn.bat file to use only backslashes but that didn't help.

C:\>atlas-version

ATLAS Version:    5.0.0
ATLAS Home:       C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk
ATLAS Scripts:    C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven
--------
Executing: "C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven\bin\mvn.bat" --version -gs C:\Atlassian\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven/conf/settings.xml
Apache Maven 2.1.0 (r755702; 2009-03-18 20:10:27+0100)
Java version: 1.6.0_30
Java home: C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\jre
Default locale: sv_SE, platform encoding: Cp1252
OS name: "windows 7" version: "6.1" arch: "x86" Family: "windows"

And yes, the settings.xml file is there and readable.

Anyone else have this problem as well?

4 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

4 votes
Answer accepted
DanielP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2014

Turns out I was using a unsupported version of Maven. In my case running the SDK installer without first removing the older SDK version did not install the newest bundled version of Maven.

Uninstalling all SDKs and then reinstalling the 5.0 SDK solved that problem.

1 vote
Marcos Scriven
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2014

Hi folks

This problem has now been fixed for both the Windows install, and the the tar.gz installer.

Please try updating to version 5.0.2: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/AMPS+SDK+5.0.2+Release+Notes

Please note that it's recommended to use your system's package manager (apt-get, yum, rpm, brew etc.) if that's how you originally installed the SDK, otherwise the package manager can get confused with what's actually installed.

1 vote
Marcos Scriven
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2014

A note to anyone reading this - please refrain from using the atlas-update script until we get a fix out. Please either use the package manager in your system (deb/apt-get, brew, rpm/yum), or download the installer.

Craig Noah August 7, 2014

I'm having this problem with version 5.0.4 on Windows. I have Java 7 installed and configured. I downloaded and installed the latest SDK after using the uninstaller to remove the old SDK. I still get the cannot find main class error. Any ideas?

Marcos Scriven
Atlassian Team
August 8, 2014

Hi Craig

What do you mean by 'main class error'? The error this thread was about was the installer not upgrading the version of Maven. Can you post the exact error, and the output of 'atlas-version' please?

Craig Noah August 26, 2014

Sorry to take so long to get back to you. After seemingly successfully updating the SDK, I get the following when I run atlas-version:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\555023>atlas-version

ATLAS Version: 5.0.3
ATLAS Home: C:\Users\555023\atlassian-plugin-sdk
ATLAS Scripts: C:\Users\555023\atlassian-plugin-sdk\bin
ATLAS Maven Home: C:\Users\555023\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1
--------
Executing: "C:\Users\555023\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1\bin\mvn.bat"
--version -gs C:\Users\555023\atlassian-plugin-sdk\apache-maven-3.2.1/conf/sett
ings.xml
Error: Could not find or load main class org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launche
r.Launcher
C:\Users\555023>

1 vote
Marcos Scriven
Atlassian Team
June 4, 2014

Hi Daniel

Thanks for trying out the new version, and reporting how you solved the issue. I looked into this and fixed the route cause, as per https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMPS-1134

Anyone downloading the Windows SDK 5.0.0 version should now get a working version, without having to completely uninstall first.

René Bodack June 5, 2014

I just encountered the same problem on a mac, fixing it there would be great, too.

Marcos Scriven
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2014

Hi Rene

Can you confirm you updated using 'atlas-update'? I you used the downloadable installer or the brew package manager, it should have been fine.

René Bodack June 9, 2014

Hi Marcos,

yes, I encountered the problem using 'atlas-update' on mac os x.

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events