Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitbucket Issue Tracker

Administrator Seatech August 12, 2014

Does the free Issue tracker that is part of every bitbucket repository have an API that I could use to create issues directly from an app or program?

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

The recommended resource to use when manipulating or creating issues in Bitbucket is the repositories/issues resource.

The design principle of our API is such that we won't remove an endpoint from an API version (such as repositories/issues in 1.0) until there is a fully-functional replacement in a later version. While we have no plans to remove the repositories/issues endpoint, it will be removed from 1.0 if and only if a newer version is published.

Administrator Seatech August 14, 2014

Thanks. That helps greatly in clarifying my point. Cheers.

1 vote
Alejandro Conde Carrillo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

I don't think it does. More info in Use the Bitbucket REST APIs.

Administrator Seatech August 12, 2014

Thanks for the reference Alex. I had been unable to find that earlier. While I was reaching the same conclusion that you posted, I did find this URL from your link which does lead me towards feeling that there may be an API after all (well hidden, i must say).

Though I am not sure if the fact that the v2.0 of the api does not have this particular resource is an indicator of the direction where this issue tracker might be headed :-(.

I am just trying to figure out if I should pony up the $10 for JIRA for a particular project or not. Its a very small project and the free issue tracker would fit me just fine as long as I could rely on it having an API for creating issues :-)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events