I'm evaluating JIRA Service Desk for one of our customers and need help to confirm a couple issues thinking in an Atlassian Cloud scenario.
1) Need to create some custom fields tailored to customer needs extending the SR record having the hability to modify them through forms throughout the lifecycle of the SR.
In adition, would need to create SRs externaly (including values for new custom fields) invoking some kind API.
2) Need to invoke external SOAP services triggered by the status change of the SR.
3) Need to customize the email notifications generated from JIRA SD (From, Subject, Message)
4) Need to automatically assign a request to an specific agent atending to the value of a SR form field (the asigned agent is variable depending the location of the reporting used)
Are them posible to resolve in a Cloud scenario?
Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.
A couple of answers for you:
1) Regarding custom fields - standard custom fields are supported on the portal (With the exception of "group picker", "project picker" and "version picker", currently). Non-standard types of custom fields (i.e provided by plugins) are currently not supported; there is work under way to allow a) connect add-ons (cloud) to provide custom fields b) support that on the portal.
2) The automation engine allows you to call webhooks (See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/automating-your-service-desk-732528900.html and https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+Service+Desk+webhooks). There is work under way to allow add-ons to declare a named "action" - see https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JSDECO-2). Can you proxy the call from a simple webhook to your SOAP service ?
3) Customised emails are coming - see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-218 - you can even sign up for a beta!
4) Yep, that's totally doable with automation, see docs in (2)
Hi Everyone! Last Friday, myself and a couple others on my team had a last night as we successfully completed a Jira Server to Cloud Migration. This took months of planning, testing, and commu...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events