Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Behaviours Plugin Condition for Create Issue "Workflow Step?"

neil1967 October 1, 2012

Running Behaviours Plugin 0.5.0 in Jira 4.4.4 and have several custom fields that I'd like to make read-only in most workflow steps and transitions. This means that for each custom field I'd like to add in "except" conditions instead of "when" conditions.

But, because the Create Issue screen is not a workflow step, setting the custom field to read-only except for workflow steps x, y, and z means that I can't make an exception for Create Issue. Is there any way to use the Behaviours plugin built in functionality for this without having to write a script...?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2012

If it's not obvious from the UI (ie you don't see the Create Issue action) then probably no way to do it without writing a script.

A script should be easy to write, and you can use getActionName() to get the current action.

neil1967 October 17, 2012

Yes, it appears that this is the only way to do it. I've posted to another question you answered here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/41707/trying-to-show-fields-based-on-selection-in-another-field-using-behavious-plugin?page=1#97636 with a specific question about how to accomplish this using flags.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events