cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bandana efficiency for messaging

ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2011

Hi,

We're trying to use bandana as persistence storage for messaging in knowledge base system based on confluence. The system (when completed) will be avaiable for ~2k users and will be deployed on two mchines with load balancer. Our simple tests showed that bandana seems to fast. However we aren't sure if that is ther proper way deal with this task. We're also considering use of external DBs. Pleas let me know what do you think about it.

Note: there is no way estimate traffic before deployment.

3 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2011

Finally we've decied to extend confluence schema and use hibernate.

0 votes
Stefan Kleineikenscheidt _K15t_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2011

Well, I think there are quite a few people out there knowing issues with bandana too well. ;-) But after all, it is a matter of your use case and concrete design (how you store your data in Bandana).

You might want to check out this info:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Bandana+Caching

Also, Atlassian is working on a new storage mechanism called/based-on Active Objects. This is a good intro, but there is much more on the web:

http://blogs.atlassian.com/developer/2011/04/active-objects-for-codegeist.html

0 votes
ket.pjwstk
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2011

I see that you have no experience with such problems. Perhaps you could provide me some valubale (up to date) information about bandana architecture, i.e. confluence 3.5+

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events