Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bamboo on linux. building and deploying .net solution.

haroon December 1, 2014

Hi, 

I am new to bamboo. it might have answered earlier or might be obvious and I am the only one missing it. 

I have installed bamboo on linux machine. i have few .net solution which are in .net 4.5. can I use bamboo to build and and deploy from bamboo. 

any help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks. 

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

3 votes
rsperafico
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2014

Hello Haroon,

Thank you for your question.

In order to build .Net solution in Bamboo, I would suggest you on running either a Bamboo Remote Agent or an Elastic Bamboo. Either the options, it would be required to start a Windows agent so you will be able to run your builds successfully.

Please, refer to Getting started with .Net and Bamboo documentation for further information.

Alternatively, if you want to run .Net on a Linux OS you would have the option to run Mono. Please, be aware of some dependencies are not available for Linux and Mac OS X, which may result on compilation errors.

If you find this answer useful, I would kindly ask you to accept it so the same will be visible to others who might face the same issue you have inquired.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Rafael P. Sperafico
Atlassian Support

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events