Automatically update comments/status between JIRA Service Desk and JIRA software

Wilson Hua May 29, 2016

We currently trying to clone a ticket between the JIRA Service Desk project and JIRA software project. When the customer makes a comment in JIRA service desk, we are hoping to auto populate the comment in JIRA software. Also, if a comment or a status is changed in JIRA software, it will auto populate the comment/change the status in JIRA service desk. Is this functionality available?

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2016

Some of that is pretty straightforward using https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/builtin-scripts.html#_update_blocking_issues

You add that to the transition(s) that you care about in the "software" workflow, and it will add a comment to the JSD ticket, or vice versa if you want. Generally I'm not sure you would want service desk comments on the actual bug.

If you want to change the status that is not hard either, there are many examples of that.

I was just blogging about this kind of thing actually, should be ready in a couple of days if you can wait. 

EDIT: We've written something about being more productive with JSD - Getting more out of Service Desk.

It's not exactly what you are after, but I don't see why you could not just write some code that transitions linked issues. 

Wilson Hua May 30, 2016

Thanks for your response Jamie.

To provide you some context, our organisation is attempting to synchronise the ticket between our JIRA service desk and JIRA software so any status change in the workflow or new comment from the customer/developer will be reflected in both tickets.

Based in your response, it is currently possible for synchronising comments but not workflow statuses?

Mathieu de Lafond June 9, 2016

Hello, we're also interested in the possibility of synchronizing statuses between two workflows, almost entirely in the same way you do. I hope this gets an answer soon !

Farah S Noshirwani (法拉) August 19, 2018

Mathieu , you can do it using JIRA Misc Workflow, it is pretty straightforward and easy to use

Am D November 19, 2018

I did this project almost same what you trying to achieve.  I added a "Jira workflow toolbox" add on, which helps updating comments on the linked issues or for specific conditions. 

0 votes
Am D April 17, 2019

Wilson, 

I would like to know the org structure you laid in jira since you mentioned coping tickets from JSD to JIRA. 

If you okay with it?

Regards,

Amit 

0 votes
Jesse Garcia January 7, 2019

works

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events