Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Log Work not tracking time from In Progress to Closed

Randall Nicanor August 6, 2014

I changed my workflow for subtasks so that when a subtask is created, the status starts as In Progress instead of Open. When the status is changed from In Progress to Closed in the workflow for Subtasks, there is no work log and the Timer Value states not started. However, if I move a subtask from In Progress to Open and then back to In Progress then the work log and timer values appear once the subtask has been transitioned to a status of closed. Is there any way to track the time from In Progress to Closed if the default status at creation is In Progress? Thanks.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Simon Kegel //SEIBERT/MEDIA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2014

You could use JIRA Service Desk and use the SLAs for tracking the time but it's not that accurate - time counts down until finished or your valid resolution is set (configurable).
Tempo Timesheet /Tracker is a good tool for this too and works very accurate - down to seconds.
(more needed trust in your employee) 

Hope this can help you with your problem

Greets
Simon 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events