Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization plugin

Kaj Nyström January 27, 2016

Hi

I need to dynamically allow or deny all kinds of requests to a BitBucker server based on the result of one or more queries to an external server. However, far from all operations seem to have hooks which you can use to deny the operation in question. Have I understood it coorectly that this is not possible to do in a plugin for all requests? Only push and merge have this kind of responsive hooks I think from reading the documentation but I may be wrong.

My alternative is to dynamically alter the Bitbucket  permissions via API from a service that talks to the external server but I would really like to avoid this as it complicates other things. Is there another alternative strategy that I have not thought of?

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016
Kaj Nyström January 28, 2016

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I need to be able to block ALL operations, even all kinds of read operations. Even those from the web UI. I do not believe this can reliably be done via listening to events and cancel disallowed operations but I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

if "all" you mean including "logging in", "making API calls to BS", you can just do that via a proxy (e.g. Apache)

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events