Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attachment quantity limit control (Jira 6)

Sinan Yesilyurt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Hi,

How control issue add attachment piece (quantity) limit control. No size control, piece control.

Thank you 

2 answers

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 23, 2015

Hi Sinan,

There is no configuration for number of attachments. I wonder why do you need the limit?

Sinan Yesilyurt
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2015

Hi Volodymyr, Because I need is loaded every file a new job my workflow. Therefore, It seems a task but etc 5 file 5 task.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2015

I'm curious about this too - I still can't see why you need to limit the attachments.

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2015

So Nick's approach to check number of attachments during the transition looks like most elegant and easiest.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

There is no off-the-shelf function to do that, you'll need an add-on to interfere with the "attach file" process.

Or you could do a slightly more clunky thing and have a validator to say "you can't move this issue through the workflow until you reduce the number of attached files" - ugly for the user, but it'll force the point (and the code is a lot shorted than trying to hook into attachment processing)

I think it might also be worth explaining why you want to do this - there may be better options (and flaws - if you blocked me from adding 6 attachments, I can think of at least two ways around it that you would absolutely hate)

Sinan Yesilyurt
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2015

Hi, I need because; This project added a new task every file is expressed. I need therefore. I am search add-on but I could not find this plugin. So,as you say, no such thing . I'll try with validator. Thank you

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events