Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian Connect page location jira.project.sidebar.navigation

Arturas Rimkus June 22, 2016

Atlassian Connect allows to place a link to content in jira.project.sidebar.navigation, which is where all the pages like Backlog, Reports, etc. are:

Screen Shot 2016-06-22 at 14.48.36.png

I am able to place a link there, with an icon, to a page created by my addon. However, when the page loads, it takes full screen width, i.e. the sidebar navigation is not visible anymore.

How do I load the new page so that the sidebar is visible and the new page icon is selected like Backlog icon is selected in the screenshot above?

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2016

Please see the following pages for how to use the location jira.project.sidebar.plugins.navigation.

Atlassian Connect also has a Tab Panel module, but it is deprecated as of JIRA 7.0.

Thank you, just what I was looking for.

@Einar Pehrson, I have successfully implemented following the guide in your links. However, one issue that remains is that when my page loads, on the sidebar its icon is not shown as selected (bottom one in the screenshot); in fact, none of the icons/tabs are. How can I fix this?

Screen Shot 2016-06-23 at 11.36.06.png

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 23, 2016

When you say "when my page loads", you mean at the URL /projects/{project.key}?selectedItem=your-addon__your-panel? If so, I'm not sure why that would be, it may be a bug, and I would recommend you to raise one in the ACJIRA project on ecosystem.atlassian.net.

Arturas Rimkus July 5, 2016

Hi @Einar Pehrson. Here's our json (search for jira.project.sidebar.plugins.navigation) - do you see anything wrong there that would cause the tab not showing as selected?

Einar Pehrson
Atlassian Team
July 5, 2016

Yes, @Arturas Rimkus.

The value for selectedItem in your web item URL should be fontlog__frontlog-backlog-link-to-panel. That way JIRA will know to highlight that web item in the sidebar when the URL loads.

JIRA will then look for web panels at the location with that same value, fontlog__frontlog-backlog-link-to-panel, so you need to update the location of your web panel accordingly.

I think the tutorial could be clearer on this.

Arturas Rimkus July 6, 2016

Your suggestion worked, thank you very much smile

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events