It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Are you planning on offering an update pull request comment API?

Terrence Curran Dec 09, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: pullrequests Resource

Are you planning on offering an update pull request comment API?

I can create comments with the 1.0 API but it doesn't seem to support any way to create in-line comments.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Erik van Zijst Atlassian Team Dec 09, 2015

We definitely plan on doing that, but these efforts have been rather under prioritized.

You can create inline comments with 1.0. Use the filename and line_fromline_to elements in the JSON request body, as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/pullrequests+Resource+1.0#pullrequestsResource1.0-POSTanewcomment.

Terrence Curran Dec 09, 2015

I suspected this was the case, but the documentation doesn't really say. Everything I have tried doesn't work. I tried: - submitting the body with just json such as: {"content": "test comment6", "filename": "myproject/pom.xml", "line_from": 49, "line_to": 49} - submitting the same json in the "content" form parameter - submitting with form parameters: content, filename, line_from, line_to All combinations of POST and PUT both seem to return 400 BAD REQUEST

Erik van Zijst Atlassian Team Dec 09, 2015

Send us the raw curl command at support@bitbucket.org and we can have a look. FWIW, we use 1.0 API ourselves in the pull request UI, so you can always take a peek at your browser's web inspector as you create/mutate comments.

Terrence Curran Dec 10, 2015

Thank you so much. knowing your front end uses the API has made easy for us to inspect and get working. The issue we had was failing to set the content-type header to json when doing the POST and PUT.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in United States

Topic Tuesday: Agile

Another week, another Topic Tuesday!  Agile has been on my mind a lot lately because I've seen good implementations and bad implementations, but now as a Jira admin it matters more to me whether...

36 views 0 0
View post

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you