Are add-ons deactivated when the license expires?

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2013

I thought the licenses lasted forever and only the maintenance expired after a year.

For add-ons, looking at the licensing API (License API JavaDoc, in particular the LicenseError), it seems add-ons are deactivated when the license is expired.

Are the same rules applied for the product and their add-ons? Do add-on licenses expire after a year?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 1, 2013

Hi Nicolas,

The status of an 'expired' license is only valid for licenses that are time limited, such as evaluation licenses.

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 2, 2013

Great, I thought about this possibility afterwards so I'm happy you confirm!

Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 4, 2013

Adding the link: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/MARKET/License+Validation+Rules "Normally, only evaluation licenses have expiration dates."

Rex Cooper February 12, 2018

I just want to make sure that I'm understanding your answer. We have an add-on that we purchased a year ago and will be expiring by the end of the month. We are planning to replace it with another add-on. 

Are you saying that the expired add-on will still work? We can still use it until we are done moving to another add-on. 

Thanks

Peter Garncarek March 23, 2018

Rex, I am in the same situation with an add-on we want to replace.  What happened after your add-on expired?

Thanks

Rex Cooper March 29, 2018

Peter, It will continue to function, but you will not be able to update it until you renew the license.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events