Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional "global" permission type

Michael I. August 11, 2015

Is there any way to add an additional type of global permissions? 

I'm developing a plugin and looking for the best way to configure permissions to access some particular functions of that plugin. Global permissions seem to be the one, but I did not find any appropriate plugin module or so.

Otherwise, could you please share your minds, how do I implement this feature? General requirements are:

• Permissions should be provided to a group of users (I mean JIRA-groups)
  • The system should allow to define one or more groups, who have those particular grants within the plugin

I can't use neither project roles nor permission/security schemes since the plugin functions are global and they do not relate to some particular project.

1 answer

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2015

I guess you can add selectbox with JIRA groups to your plugin config page so admin has ability to set which group(s) have permissions. For sure your code should check if the logged user belongs to configured group(s).

Michael I. August 11, 2015

Yes, this is also on option, but in this case I separate permission settings to different places. From the general perspective, this is not a good approach, because the end users should work with the system as a single "solid" service, not a stack of separated plugins. Therefore I'm trying to include settings into the general JIRA pages. Anyway, if I won't find any possible solution, I'll have to make the settings page using this approach. Thank you for the response.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events