Adding preset filters

Jonathan Val July 31, 2013

I was wondering if anyone has some up to date information about adding preset filters too JIRA. I found this: https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/How+to+create+a+custom+preset+filter but it is out of date and doesn't work with JIRA 6. Does anyone have any information about this?

Cheers

2 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonathan Val August 12, 2013

I've managed to figure it out myself. It works exactly the same as it did in JIRA 4/5 except now preset filters are seperated into 4 columns. In the atlassian-plugin.xml file, where it says

section="system.preset.filters"

replace it with

section="system.preset.filters.column.one"

And replace one with : two/three/four depending on which column you want it to appear in. Hopefully this helps someone.

2 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

Sorry, I should've clarrified in the question, the problem is that they aren't appearing in the preset filters section, not that the actual query part doesn't work. Maybe "section="system.preset.filters"

that part needs to be different? I'm not really sure. The plugin defintiely gets loaded but no preset filters get added.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2013

I do think that they have been depreciated though.

Maybe you could create a saved filter and share it with everyone?

They are definitely still here. They have just changed it from being a drop down to in the project summer as a horizontal bar.

http://i.imgur.com/0nEV15D.png

There is also a plugin under the System Add-ons called ' Preset Filters Sections ' which has modules corresponding to the filters listed there.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events