cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a banner across personal spaces

aaron wideen April 11, 2013

Hi,

Thanks for looking at this post.

I know you can add some HTML to add a sitewide banner across confluence. I was wondering if there is a way I could have the banner appear only across all personal spaces.

I am thinking maybe with some java script. I know confluence has a diffrentiator in the system between global spaces and personal spaces so maybe an if personal space then display.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Aaron

1 answer

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ryan Goodwin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Hi Aaron,

My specialty is not in this area, but I'll take a stab. I would recommend that you work with the default customizing the space layout:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Customising+Space+Layouts

If you look under Confluence Admin > Layouts > Space Layout > create custom

You'll see the template behind the default space layout. I noted this bit here:

#if($useSpaceSideBar)

#putMetadata('space-key', $space.key)

#putMetadata('space-name', $space.name)

Confluence grabs some metadata about the $space.key. Since you want to inject a header if one is looking at a personal space, you could create an #if block to check the $space.key for a ~. All personal space key's are ~username. So run the if block to ckeck $space.key like '~%' or similar. I'm not sure how to run that in actual velocity notation but I think you're on the right track there.

Hope that helps!

aaron wideen April 11, 2013

Thanks Ryan,

Ill look into the sytax for velocity and see how I can do this one.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events